Redmond, WA 98052
I am an applied scientist at Microsoft Research Redmond. My research focuses on social networks, data mining, and computational social science, with an emphasis on applying computational models to addressing problems in large-scale networked systems, such as Microsoft Academic Graph (MAG), online social media, and mobile communication.
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Notre Dame in 2017. I have been a visiting scholar at Tsinghua University, Army Research Lab, and AMiner.org. More information can be found on my profile.
- Network Tutorial @ KDD 2018: Computational Models for Social and Information Network Analysis.
- TOIS Presentation @ SIGIR 2018 by Yang: User Profiling on Demographic Attributes in Social Networks. slides
- Deep Learning Day @ KDD 2018: Call For Papers: The 2018 ACM SIGKDD Deep Learning Day
- Network Embedding Workshop @ WWW 2018: The 3rd International Workshop on Learning Representations for Big Networks (BigNet@WWW2018). Drs. Jon Kleinberg, Kuansan Wang, Jure Leskovec, and Paul Groth will keynote at BigNet@WWW'18!
- Computational Lens on Big Social and Information Networks. slides
Ph.D. dissertation, University of Notre Dame, 2017.
ACM SIGKDD Doctoral Dissertation Award 2017 Honorable Mention
- A Century of Science: Globalization of Scientific Collaborations, Citations, and Innovations. data poster bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Hao Ma, Zhihong Shen, Kuansan Wang.
KDD'17 (Proc. of the 23rd ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining), 2017. Full Applied Data Science Paper (Oral), 8.8%.
- User Modeling on Demographic Attributes in Big Mobile Social Networks. code slides
Yuxiao Dong, Nitesh V. Chawla, Jie Tang, Yang Yang, Yang Yang.
TOIS 2017 (ACM Transactions on Information Systems), 2017 (accepted).
- UAPD: Inferring Urban Anomalies from Spatial-Temporal Data. code&data slides_by_Xian
Xian Wu, Yuxiao Dong, Chao Huang, Jian Xu, Nitesh V. Chawla.
ECML/PKDD'17 (Proc. of the European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases), 2017. Full Paper, 27%.
- Do the Young Live in a "Smaller World" Than the Old? Age-Specific Degrees of Separation in Human Communication.
Yuxiao Dong§, Omar Lizardo§, Nitesh V. Chawla. (§Equal Contribution)
PrePrint 2016, arXiv:1606.07556.
- Can Scientific Impact Be Predicted? data bibtex
Yuxiao Dong§, Reid A. Johnson§, Nitesh V. Chawla. (§Equal Contribution)
TBD 2016 (IEEE Transactions on Big Data), 2016. Full Paper.
- Deep Learning for Network Analysis: Problems, Approaches and Challenges.
Siddharth Pal, Yuxiao Dong, Bishal Thapa, Nitesh V Chawla, Ananthram Swami, Ram Ramanathan.
MILCOM'16 (Proc. of 2016 IEEE Military Communications Conference), 2016. Full Paper.
- Will This Paper Increase Your h-index? Scientific Impact Prediction. slides poster data bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Reid A. Johnson, Nitesh V. Chawla.
WSDM'15 (Proc. of the 8th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining), 2015. Full Paper, 16.4%.
Best Paper Award Nomination
- Inferring Unusual Crowd Events From Mobile Phone Call Detail Records. slides bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Fabio Pinelli, Yiannis Gkoufas, Zubair Nabi, Francesco Calabrese, Nitesh V. Chawla.
ECML/PKDD'15 (Proc. of the European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases), 2015. Full Paper, 23%.
- Inferring Social Status and Rich Club Effects in Enterprise Communication Networks. plos supporting info slides bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Jie Tang, Nitesh V. Chawla, Tiancheng Lou, Yang Yang, Bai Wang.
PLoS ONE 2015. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0119446. March 2015. (if2013=3.534).
- Collaboration Signatures Reveal Scientific Impact slides_by_reid data bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Reid A. Johnson, Yang Yang, Nitesh V. Chawla.
ASONAM'15 (Proc. of the 2015 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining), 2015. Full Paper.
- Inferring User Demographics and Social Strategies in Mobile Social Networks. slides poster madness code bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Yang Yang, Jie Tang, Yang Yang, Nitesh V. Chawla.
KDD'14 (Proc. of the 20th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining), 2014. Full Research Paper (Oral), 14.6%.
Featured on United Nations Global Pulse Notre Dame News ACM TechNews phys.org
- Predicting Node Degree Centrality with the Node Prominence Profile. scirep supporting info
Yang Yang, Yuxiao Dong, Nitesh V. Chawla.
Scientific Reports 2014. DOI:10.1038/srep07236, November 2014. (if2013=5.078).
Featured on Notre Dame News
- A Novel Genetic Algorithm for Overlapping Community Detection. code bibtex
Yanan Cai, Chuan Shi, Yuxiao Dong, Qing Ke, Bin Wu.
ADMA'11 (Proc. of the 7th International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications), 2011.
Best Application Paper Award
- 2018: Invited Talk at NetSci'18 Higher-Order Models in Network Science Satelline (HONS'18).
- 2018: Invited Talk at NICO, Northwestern University, IL.
- 2017: Invited Talk at Labs in Tsinghua University.
- 2016: Keynote at ACM JCDL'16 Workshop on Mining Scientific Publications (WOSP'16).
- 2016: Invited Talks at Labs in Stanford University, Tsinghua University, & Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- 2015: Invited Talks at Labs in Oxford University, & Hesburgh Library at University of Notre Dame.
- BigNet'18 Co-Chair: The International Workshop on Learning Representations for Big Networks at WWW'18.
- BigNet'17 Co-Chair: The International Workshop on Big Network Analytics at WWW'17.
Conference PC members:
- 2018: KDD, WSDM, WWW, ICDM, SDM, ECML/PKDD
- 2017: KDD, WSDM, WWW, SDM, ASONAM, CIKM
- 2016: ASONAM, CIKM
- 2015: ASONAM
- Nature Human Behavior
- Nature Scientific Reports
- CSUR, ACM Computing Surveys
- TKDD, ACM Transactions on the Knowledge Discovery from Data
- TWEB, ACM Transactions on the Web
- TKDE, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- TMC, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- TBD, IEEE Transactions on Big Data