Microsoft Research Redmond
ericdongyx@gmail [dot] com
yuxdong@microsoft [dot] com
I am an applied scientist at Microsoft Research Redmond. My research focuses on social networks, data mining, and computational social science, with an emphasis on applying computational models to addressing problems in large-scale networked systems, such as Microsoft Academic Graph (MAG), online social media, and mobile communication.
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Notre Dame in 2017. Before and during my graduate studies, I have been a research assistant at Tsinghua University (working with Prof. Jie Tang) and a research intern at Microsoft Research, AMiner.org, IBM Research, and Army Research Lab. More information can be found on my LinkedIn profile.
- metapath2vec: Scalable Representation Learning for Heterogeneous Networks. data&code slides poster video bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Nitesh V. Chawla, Ananthram Swami.
KDD'17 (Proc. of the 23rd ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining), 2017. Full Research Paper, 8.5%.
- A Century of Science: Globalization of Scientific Collaborations, Citations, and Innovations. data poster bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Hao Ma, Zhihong Shen, Kuansan Wang.
KDD'17 (Proc. of the 23rd ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining), 2017. Full Applied Data Science Paper, 8.8%.
- UAPD: Inferring Urban Anomalies from Spatial-Temporal Data.
Xian Wu, Yuxiao Dong, Chao Huang, Jian Xu, Nitesh V. Chawla.
ECML/PKDD'17 (Proc. of the European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases), 2017. Full Paper, 27%.
- User Modeling on Demographic Attributes in Big Mobile Social Networks. code
Yuxiao Dong, Nitesh V. Chawla, Jie Tang, Yang Yang, Yang Yang.
TOIS 2017 (ACM Transactions on Information Systems), 2017 (accepted).
- Do the Young Live in a "Smaller World" Than the Old? Age-Specific Degrees of Separation in a Large-Scale Mobile Communication Network.
Yuxiao Dong§, Omar Lizardo§, Nitesh V. Chawla. (§Equal Contribution)
PrePrint 2016, arXiv:1606.07556.
- Can Scientific Impact Be Predicted? data bibtex
Yuxiao Dong§, Reid A. Johnson§, Nitesh V. Chawla. (§Equal Contribution)
TBD 2016 (IEEE Transactions on Big Data), 2016. Full Paper.
- Deep Learning for Network Analysis: Problems, Approaches and Challenges.
Siddharth Pal, Yuxiao Dong, Bishal Thapa, Nitesh V Chawla, Ananthram Swami, Ram Ramanathan.
MILCOM'16 (Proc. of 2016 IEEE Military Communications Conference), 2016. Full Paper.
- Will This Paper Increase Your h-index? Scientific Impact Prediction. slides poster data bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Reid A. Johnson, Nitesh V. Chawla.
WSDM'15 (Proc. of the 8th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining), 2015. Full Paper, 16.4%.
Best Paper Award Nomination (4/39)
Featured on Open Science
- Inferring Unusual Crowd Events From Mobile Phone Call Detail Records. slides bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Fabio Pinelli, Yiannis Gkoufas, Zubair Nabi, Francesco Calabrese, Nitesh V. Chawla.
ECML/PKDD'15 (Proc. of the European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases), 2015. Full Paper, 23%.
- Inferring Social Status and Rich Club Effects in Enterprise Communication Networks. plos supporting info slides bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Jie Tang, Nitesh V. Chawla, Tiancheng Lou, Yang Yang, Bai Wang.
PLoS ONE 2015. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0119446. March 2015. (if2013=3.534).
- Inferring User Demographics and Social Strategies in Mobile Social Networks. slides poster madness code bibtex
Yuxiao Dong, Yang Yang, Jie Tang, Yang Yang, Nitesh V. Chawla.
KDD'14 (Proc. of the 20th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining), 2014. Full Research Paper (Oral), 14.6%.
Featured on United Nations Global Pulse Notre Dame News ACM TechNews phys.org
- Predicting Node Degree Centrality with the Node Prominence Profile. scirep supporting info
Yang Yang, Yuxiao Dong, Nitesh V. Chawla.
Scientific Reports 2014. DOI:10.1038/srep07236, November 2014. (if2013=5.078).
Featured on Notre Dame News
- A Novel Genetic Algorithm for Overlapping Community Detection. code bibtex
Yanan Cai, Chuan Shi, Yuxiao Dong, Qing Ke, Bin Wu.
ADMA'11 (Proc. of the 7th International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications), 2011.
Best Application Paper Award
- BigNet'17 Co-Chair: The International Workshop on Big Network Analytics at WWW'17.
Conference PC members:
- KDD 2017, WWW 2018, 2017; WSDM 2018, 2017; SDM 2017; ASONAM 2017, 2016, 2015; CIKM 2017, 2016
- TKDE, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- TKDD, ACM Transactions on the Knowledge Discovery from Data
- CSUR, ACM Computing Surveys
- KAIS, Knowledge and Information System
- DKE, Data and Knowledge Engineering
- SNAM, Social Network Analysis and Mining
- 2016: Keynote at ACM Joint Conference on Digital Library's Workshop on Mining Scientific Publications (WOSP'16).
- 2016: Invited Talks at Labs in Stanford University, Tsinghua University, & Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- 2015: Invited Talks at Labs in Oxford University, & Hesburgh Library at University of Notre Dame.